B.S. Aerospace Engineering, Polytechnical University of Valencia, Spain
M.S. Aerospace Engineering, Polytechnical University of Valencia, Spain
Javier Puig-Navarro is a PhD student in the Department of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). He earned a MS in aerospace engineering from the Polytechnical University of Valencia, Spain. During the last year of the MS program, he was an exchange student at UIUC, where he completed his MS thesis. His research interests are cooperative strategies for unmanned aerial vehicles, autonomous aerial systems, robust nonlinear controls, and its applications to flight control systems and optimization and management of the national airspace.
- Mehdi, J. Puig-Navarro, A. Trujillo, P. Rothhaar, M. Chandarana, L. Tran, J. Neilan, N. Hovakimyan, and B. Allen, “Bézier Curves for Safe Cooperative Atmospheric Missions with Multiple Heterogeneous UAS.” Technical paper in AIAA Aviation 2016, Washington DC, June 2016.
- Choe, J. Puig-Navarro, V. Cichella, E. Xargay, and N. Hovakimyan, “Cooperative Trajectory Generation using Pythagorean Hodograph Bezier Curves.” Journal of Guidance Control and Dynamics, (approved for publication).
- A. Trujillo, H. Fan, C. Cross, L. Hempley, V. Cichella, J. Puig-Navarro, B. Mehdi, and N. Hovakimyan, “Operator Informational Needs for Multiple Autonomous Small Vehicles.” 6th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2015) and the Affiliated Conferences, AHFE 2015, Las Vegas, Nevada, July 2015.
- J. Puig-Navarro, E. Xargay, R. Choe, N. Hovakimyan, “Time-Critical Coordination of Multiple UAVs with Absolute Temporal Constraints.” AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference, Kissimmee, FL, January 2015.
- R. Choe, J. Puig-Navarro, V. Cichella, E. Xargay, and N. Hovakimyan, “Trajectory generation using spatial Pythagorean Hodograph Bezier curves.” AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference, Kissimmee, FL, January 2015.