The groups of Prof. Sha (CS), Prof. Abdelzaher (CS) and Prof. Hovakimyan (ME) are jointly looking for one undergraduate/master student who has background in deep learning (with RA scholarship). Our team is currently working on physics guided deep learning: we try to solve some practical problems in self-driving cars, aircraft, Covid-19 crisis, cyber-social security and global warming. The basic requirement for the applicants is to have background in deep learning be familiar with PyTorch or TensorFlow. It would be a plus if students have some research experience or a publication in AI focused conferences. If you are interested, please contact Dr. Mao and cc Dr. Shao with your CV:firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com. Thanks a lot!
The Advanced Controls Research Laboratory at UIUC is looking for postdoc researchers working on topics related to safe autonomous systems. This position is available immediately. The Postdoctoral Research Associate will report to Professor Naira Hovakimyan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Conduct research in learning-enabled robust adaptive control, certifiably robust perception and uncertainty quantification, and safe and uncertainty-aware planning.
- Publish research results in leading journals and conferences in the fields of control, machine learning, and robotics.
- Lead group projects.
- Collaborate with graduate students working on related research projects.
- Write proposals for funding opportunities.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Skills:
Education: Ph.D. (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
Experience: Must have a background in one or more fields of control theory, machine learning, optimization, and robotics. A publication record in these fields or related fields is preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, documentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in English communication and excellent technical writing skills required.
- The ability to contribute to a multidisciplinary team setting, prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a dynamic environment, and execute detailed technical protocols meticulously.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Programming in MATLAB, python, or other programming languages
- Ability to work in Linux-based high-performance computing environments
Instructions for application:
Applicants for the postdoc position should contact Professor Naira Hovakimyan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their CV, two representative publications, and the contact information for 1-3 references.
The position will be for an initial period of 1 year, with the possibility of extending the position for multiple years.
105 S Mathews Ave,
Urbana, IL 61801 email@example.com